APPOINTMENTS AND BOOKINGS
- A free 15 minute consultation can be scheduled prior to making an appointment.
- All appointments are 50 min sessions.
- Payment is due in advance of each therapy appointment.
- A deposit of 50% is due in advance for each speaking engagement and the balance is due at the time of booking.
- Group and consultation payments are due prior to the beginning of each session.
WHAT IS PSYCHOTHERAPY?
It is where unconditional positive regard is used to establish a therapeutic alliance. It is an opportunity to learn skills you may not have had the benefit of learning or to make changes in your life that you have not been able to make on your own. It is where a therapeutic rapport is developed to learn trust which facilitates exploring underlying issues that contribute to symptoms. It is where a non-judgmental and objective safe space is created between you and your therapist solely focused on the changes you want to make.
HOW DO I KNOW I NEED THERAPY?
People seek therapy pro-actively or because issues arise such as:
- Your ability to function has declined.
- You are feeling weepy and overwhelmed by sadness
- You have difficulty functioning due to anxiety
- Your tolerance for negative emotions deteriorates
- You have difficulty regulating your emotions or feeling your feelings
- You have difficulty making decisions
- Your relationships are impaired, or you isolate
- You are becoming increasingly triggered by issues related to oppression and racism
- You feel stagnate, stuck or have reached an impasse
- You are overeating or not eating enough
- You have difficulty sleeping, concentrating and following through
- Your acting out behavior has increased to an unacceptable level
- You are reliant upon substances to cope
- You want more in life but feel challenged by how to proceed
- You want to improve your interpersonal skills and self-esteem
- You desire career advancement and could benefit from support
HOW MUCH DO YOU CHARGE?
- Fees will be discussed during the free 15-minute consultation
- 24hr cancellation is required
- You book a telehealth appointment by completing the form on the contact page.
DO YOU TAKE INSURANCE?
J. Denise Fuller does not participate on any provider panels, nor will she accept assignment of insurance benefits in payment. It is the client's responsibility to verify coverage by calling the health insurer, asking among others the following questions:
- Is referral required from my primary care physician?
- What are my mental health benefits for outpatient therapy?
- How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
- How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network psychotherapist?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- What is my deductible, and has it been met?
- Do you accept superbills?
- How much will you reimburse?
- Adolescent Development
- Anger Management
- Coping Skills
- Developing Interpersonal Skills
- Family conflict
- First Responders
- Identity Issues
- Life Transitions/Aging
- Racial Identity Development
- Relationship challenges
- Self-Esteem Issues
- Sports Performance
- Stress Management
- Trauma and PTSD
TYPES OF THERAPY:
- Culturally Competent
- Family Systems
- Trauma informed
- Solution focused
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavioral
- Emotionally focused
TYPES OF GROUPS OFFERED INCLUDE:
- Clinical Peer Supervision
- Clinical Consultation
- African American
- People of Color
- Adolescents / Teenagers (14 to 19)
- Preteens / Tweens (11 to 13)
DO YOU OFFER VIRTUAL APPOINTMENTS?
All appointments are done via secure video platforms and JD will offer as much flexibility as possible. She offers a free consultation prior to your first scheduled appointment.